Today it’s the lovely Clair Boor’s turn on #TopFiveThursday. Clair blogs over at www.havebookswillread.wordpress.com and it’s a brilliant site where she reviews a wide range of books, I would highly recommend you take a look
Top 5 books this year (so far)?
1. In Her Wake – Amanda Jennings
2. The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper – Phaedra Patrick
3. All Is Not Forgotten – Wendy Walker
4. The Second Love of my Life – Victoria Walters
5. Play Dead – Angela Marsons
Top 5 authors you think everyone should read?
1. Angela Marsons
2. MJ Arlidge
3. Ragnar Jonasson
4. Stephen King
5. Lisa Jewell
Top 5 books you want to read before the end of 2016?
1. I Found You – Lisa Jewell
2. Black Out – Ragnar Jonasson
3. End of Watch – Stephen King
4. I See You – Claire Mackintosh
5. The Girl in the Spider’s Web – David Lagercrantz and George Goulding
Top 5 blogging tips that you would give to new bloggers?
1. Twitter is your friend – it is a great place to connect with bloggers and authors
2. Don’t overload yourself with reviews – you don’t have the accept every offer
3. Be yourself – personality is as important as content
4. Schedule posts to make sure you stay on track
5. Enjoy it – remember the reason you started blogging in the first place!
Top 5 book blogs you follow?
There are so many awesome blogs and bloggers out there but if I have to pick 5 that doesn’t include the lovely Lorraine….
1. Jo at www.mychestnutreadingtree.wordpress.com
2. Emma at www.damppebbles.wordpress.com
3. Kate at www.bibliophilebookclub.com/
4. Kaisha at www.thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com/
5. Nat at www.theowlonthebookshelf.wordpress.com/
I’m Clair and I am a 30 something year old living in the east of England. I am married to my childhood sweetheart who is exceptionally patient regarding my bursting-at-the-seems bookcase. I am also a mummy to our 3 year old daughter and 2 cats (who are very spoilt!). I work full-time in the Insurance industry, it’s quite a stressful job that I do therefore I love escaping into books.
I have been an avid reader for as long as I can remember, my love of reading was inherited from my Mum as she’s also a lover of books. I remember being the first person at Primary School to read The Hobbit (this was a big deal way back then!) and I loved Thursday as it meant a trip to the mobile library! Even more amazing if they had received a stock of new books!!
My favourite genres are crime, mystery, thriller, chick-lit and contemporary fiction.
My thanks to Clair for taking part in #TopFiveThursday. I have been overwhelmed by the number of bloggers who have offered to take part in this feature despite having busy lifes, work and blogging schedules, so to each and everyone of you a HUGE thank you 😘😘
If you are a blogger and would like to take part, please feel free to contact me….the more the merrier