Well it’s that time of the week again, is it just me or do the weeks seem to be getting shorter? Today on #TopFiveThursday I have the pleasure of having Sandra Foy answer those dreaded questions. Sandra blogs over at https://readingwrites.wordpress.com/ Sandra reviews a mixture of books on her blog and I love her honest reviews. I’m not sure how Sandra manages to read books, review them, as well as running a book shop (every book bloggers dream, mine included). So without any further ado here’s Sandra’s top five
Top 5 books this year (so far)?
1. This Must Be The Place – Maggie O’Farrell
2. In Her Wake – Amanda Jennings
3. The Light Between Oceans -M. L. Stedman
4. The One-In-A-Million Boy – Monica Wood
5. The Girl In The ice – Robert Bryndza
Top 5 authors you think everyone should read?
1. Sharon Bolton
2. Maggie O’Farrell
3. Anne Tyler
4. Agatha Christie
5. Kate Atkinson
Top 5 books you want to read before the end of 2016?
I have so many books that languish on my shelves and my kindle, I have just been unable to get round to them. Theses are the 5 that I am most hoping to get to before the end of the year.
1. Burial Rites – Hannah Kent
2. A Place Called Winter – Patrick Gale
3. The Paying Guests – Sarah Waters
4. The Son – Jo Nesbo
5. The Wacky Man – Lyn G. Farrell
Top 5 blogging tips that you would give to new bloggers?
1. First and foremost; blog for yourself. do it for your own enjoyment.
2. Be honest but fair in how you feel about a book That’s what people who read your blog are looking for.
3. If you really don’t like a book, say what you felt was wrong with it, but see if you can find some positives to balance your review.
4. If you feel it’s becoming a chore take a break.
5. Join Book Connectors on Facebook, you won’t get more support anywhere else.
Top 5 book blogs you follow?
This is very hard as I follow a lot of excellent blogs and I’m very sorry but I just can’t choose between the seven below.
1. My Chestnutreadingtree – Joanne Robertson https://mychestnutreadingtree.wordpress.com
2. Damppebbles – Emma Welton http://damppebbles.com
3. Being Anne – Anne Williams http://www.beinganne.com
4. Randomthingthroughmyletterbox – Anne Cater http://randomthingsthroughmyletterbox.blogspot.com/
5. Lindasbookbag – Linda Hill http://www.lindasbookbag.com
6. Bytheletterbookreviews – Sarah Hardy https://bytheletterbookreviews.wordpress.com/
7. Cleopatralovesbooks – Cleo Bannister http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com
My name is Sandra. I blog at Readingwrites.wordpress.com, and I have been blogging for 2 years.
I love reading most genres (except sci-fi), but my favourites are crime and contemporary fiction.
I live in Manchester with my husband and son, and I am the newly installed owner of Urmston Bookshop.
My thanks to Sandra for taking the time out of her busy schedule to answer my questions, it’s much appreciated. Don’t forget if you are a blogger and would like to take part please feel free to send me a message, my contact details can be find at the top of my page……don’t be shy X