This evening I’m thrilled to be able to share the cover for The Detriment, by David Videcette. This is his second detective thriller and launches on 29th June, but you can pre-order it on Kindle today. I’m so excited about this book as it follows on from The Theseus Paradox which I loved, but before I reveal the cover here’s a post from the author himself.
A COMPELLING DETECTIVE THRILLER BASED ON TRUE EVENTS
Today, crime fighter turned crime writer, David Videcette is very excited to share with us a cover reveal for his second thriller, The Detriment. David says: “After twenty years in the police, I’m used to unmasking criminals, but today I’m delighted to be revealing the cover of The Detriment for the very first time.”
“A detective thriller, it follows on from The Theseus Paradox my first novel, which was set against the backdrop of the 7/7 London attacks. In this second outing for Detective Jake Flannagan, he sails close to the wind as he struggles to thwart a nightclub bomb plot and a burning Jeep attack on an airport. I use my detective knowledge in my books and The Detriment is once again based on true events and actual police investigations.”
Here are David’s top five tips for creating a cover:
1. Remember that we all judge a book by its cover, even if we say we don’t! Give the cover as much thought you would your writing.
2. Kickstart the process by throwing together a ‘mood board’ of things which appeal – and even things which don’t!
3. Design should always reflect your book’s content, otherwise it’s just decoration.
4. Have an outline idea of what you’d like, but try and stay flexible.
5. Engage with the professionals, because you’ll need their design expertise to make your book look as good as it can.
The Detriment, David Videcette’s second detective thriller launches on 29th June, but you can pre-order it on Kindle HERE
Find out more about David Videcette and his books based on true events here, http://www.davidvidecette.com/about-david
So without further ado and a drum roll here’s the fabulous cover for The Detriment, don’t you just love it? I’m so excited to read this one and don’t forget you can pre-order your copy right now.