Today I’m thrilled to welcome book blogger Katie who blogs over at Katiesbookcave
It’s Katie’s turn to answer those pesky #TopFiveThursday questions.
Katie reviews a wide range of genres on her blog including varied – psychological thrillers, chick lit, romance, some fantasy, and historical fiction. If you haven’t already checked out her blog it’s definitely worth a look, and I’m sure after reading some of her reviews you will find even more books to add to the huge TBR pile, sorry not sorry 😂
Top five books you’ve read so far this year?
1. Beneath an Indian Sky – Renita D’Silva
2. White is the Coldest Colour – John Nicholl
3. We Were the Salt of the Sea – Roxanne Bouchard
4. The Holiday Cottage by the Sea – Holly Martin
5. Nothing Bad Happens Here – Nikki Crutchley
Wow that was hard!
Top five authors you think everyone should read?
1. John Nicholl
2. Renita D’Silva
3. Emma Tallon
4. Harriet Evans
5. Tasmina Perry
Top five books you want to read before the year is out?
1. You Were Made for This – Michelle Sacks
2. The Craftsman – Sharon Bolton
3. The Tall Man – Phoebe Locke
4. The Date – Louise Jenson
5. The Secret – KL Slater
Top five tips you would give to new book bloggers?
1. Don’t be afraid to say no – don’t say yes to every book request that comes your way. I only agree to ones I would have bought myself if I wasn’t blogging.
2. Make sure you leave enough time to read and draft your post before you publish it. This is especially true for blog tours and blitzes.
3. If you’re struggling with a book – talk to the publisher or tour host, they will understand that not everyone will love the book. Although that leads on to my next tip…
4. Only review books you have an inclining that you will enjoy. Yes it’s good to try new authors and genres but if you absolutely hate sci-fi for example, don’t agree to review a sci-fi book.
5. Make friends, your fellow bloggers love new faces to speak to and have new recommendations. Everyone is so friendly so don’t be afraid to like and share other people’s blogs. You’re not in competition with each other!
Top five blogs you follow?
Who is Katie? Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
I’m Katie, I’m 29 and by day I’m a support worker for adults with learning disabilities but my night I’m a bookworm/book blogger! I live in Nottinghamshire so don’t be afraid to say hi if you see me around!
I’ve always loved to read and I was always envious of people’s book blogs. Luckily my partner helped set mine up in January 2018 and I’m so glad he helped me! The past 6 months have been amazing and I have loved every second of being a blogger, especially since my blog was nominated in the best newcomer category at this years Bloggers Bash (thank you everyone!)
When I’m not reading, you’ll find me travelling, in bookstores, drinking wine, watching Netflix and generally being outside in nature.
My thanks to Katie for taking part in #TopFiveThursday