Today I’m thrilled to have the very awesome Dee who blogs over at https://noveldeelights.com answer those pesky #TopFiveThursday questions. I love Dee mostly due to the banter we have when I only manage to read one book a week, she certainly spurs me on with her (un) helpful tounge in cheek comments 😂😂. Dee reads and reviews a wide genre of books and I love reading her reviews, she was nominated in the Annual Book Blogger Awards 2017 for the best newcomer category, so you see I’m not the only one who thinks Dee’s blog is awesome.
As you will see from Dee’s answers she’s pretty much changed the rules and definitely can’t count 😂🙈
Top 5 books you read in 2016?
* A Mother’s Confession by Kelly Rimmer
* The Secret Wife by Gill Paul
* Untouchable by Sybil Hodge
* Tell Me No Lies by Lisa Hall
* If I Should Die by Matthew Frank
Top 5 books you’ve read this year so far?
* Block 46 by Johana Gustawsson
* The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson
* The Lonely Life of Biddy Weir by Lesley Allen
* A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride
* The Abattoir of Dreams by Mark Tilbury
Top 5 authors you think everyone should read?
* Karin Slaughter
* Stuart MacBride
* Sharon Bolton
* Sarah Hilary
* Michael Wood
Top 5 books you want to read in 2017?
* The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter
* Now We Are Dead by Stuart MacBride (listed on Goodreads but no cover yet)
* After I’ve Gone by Linda Green
* The Foster Child by Jenny Blackhurst
* Exquisite by Sarah Stovell
Top 5 blogging tips you would give to new bloggers?
Ha! I feel I’m too new myself to be handing out any tips so I’ll share the tips I was given.
* First and foremost, have fun! This is a hobby and not a job. When things get too much, take a step back. Do what’s right for you. Always!
* Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers. Be yourself and try to find your own voice when writing a review. Still trying to figure that out myself but I’m slowly getting there. I think.
* It’s been said before and it will be said again : beware the pitfalls of Netgalley! Only hit that “request” button if you’re really, really sure because before you know it, you’ll be completely overwhelmed and stressed out and it’s not worth it.
* Learn to say no. I haven’t quite mastered that one myself. It’s hard! But you don’t have to accept every request that’s sent your way. You don’t have to join every blog tour. You must definitely never feel guilty. Remember : hobby, fun!
* Try to interact with other bloggers. Leave a comment on blogs. Join a Facebook group. Or two, three. Join Twitter, Instagram, we’re everywhere! This is one amazing community, full of incredibly supportive people and they will welcome you!
Top five blogs you follow? (Or in Dee’s case 13)
Oh, good grief.
Karen @ http://www.myreadingcorner.co.uk
Emma @ https://damppebbles.com
Renee @ https://itsbooktalk.com
Mairead @ https://swirlandthread.com
Top 5 book blogs you follow? (no I’m not cheating)
Donna @ https://chocolatenwaffles.com
Janel @ https://keeperofpages.com
Laura @ https://snazzybooks.com
Kate @ https://thequietknitter.com
Noelle @ https://crimebookjunkie.co.uk
I’m Dee, mid-40’s, reader, blogger and dreamer. I live in Belgium with my husband and a 13 year old Maltese called Yoshi. I am retired (sounds so much better than kept woman) and regularly ignore household chores in favour of reading a book. I dream of living in Tuscany one day, preferably in the middle of a vineyard. I do so like my white wine.
I initially considered starting a blog because I wanted to share my favourite books of 2016 and didn’t have enough twitter characters. 😂 But it still took me a good two months to get going as I’m a horrible procrastinator. I liked the idea of having all my thoughts about books in the same place and Goodreads wasn’t really giving me what I was looking for.
Since I started blogging, I’ve discovered that glorious feeling when someone picks up a book based on something I’ve said and actually enjoys it. It’s better than chocolate. I’ve “met” some fabulous people already and have read books I may have ignored if it hadn’t been for other blogger’s reviews. I love chatting about books. Just last week, someone contacted me to talk about Alice Feeney’s Sometimes I Lie and it was the most amazing back and forth.
It’s been a wonderful ride so far and I’m having such fun.
Blog : https://noveldeelights.com
Twitter : https://twitter.com/BookaholicDee
Goodreads : https://www.goodreads.com/bookaholicDee
Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/noveldeelights/
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/noveldeelights/
My thanks to Dee for taking time out of her busy schedule to answer my #TopFiveThursday questions.